Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Girl in Dior by Annie Goetzinger

I'm continuing my goal of reading more graphic novels this year, with one that is fairly unique in its style, story, and artwork. No superheroes here! Rather, Girl in Dior (2015) by Annie Goetzinger is all glamour and glitz rather than action and adventure. 

Filled with beautiful artwork featuring many of Dior's classic designs, this book was visually wonderful. Though I can hardly be considered a fashion expert, I certainly appreciated how pretty the dresses were, and I liked how the story addressed how they were received by the public in both Paris and the US.

At times the story was slightly hard to follow, but some of the strangeness in the text is most likely due to the fact that it was translated from the original French. And I thought it was an interesting choice to write a fictional story about a woman who didn't exist, but who interacted closely with actual people. Overall, this was a very simple, sweet story with beautiful drawings -- well worth the roughly half-hour that it takes to read. 



Keep reading! Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment