Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt

Taking inspiration from the craze of the California Gold Rush and the madness it seemed to induce in the general populace and the individuals who participated, The Sisters Brothers (2011) by Patrick deWitt was a very good story from quite a different perspective than the books I typically read.



I didn't really know what to expect with this book at all, so I just settled down for the ride. I will admit that the main characters were a little more violent and less sympathetic than I prefer in my narrators, but it made for perhaps a more gripping experience as I read the story. After all, it can be quite boring when main characters are nothing but good. No danger of that here!

I enjoyed seeing the brothers' journey unfold, and the conflict it created both internally for both main characters and also between them as their priorities and motivations were often at odds.

Overall, a pretty good read that made me really want to give some of the author's other books a try!

“Our blood is the same, we just use it differently.” 

Keep reading! Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment