Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Best Books of 2015: Around the Internet

As we approach the end of 2015, it's worth looking back on some of the great books published this year -- and there were a lot of them.

Many of my favorite websites have put together lists of Best of 2015 books, including the following, all of which are worth taking a look at:

Powell's Bookstore Book Blog has lists covering several genres of books, including: 
Fiction - The Book of Speculation and The Buried Giant are ones I'm especially looking forward to reading.
Non-Fic - I really want to read The Oregon Trail
YA - Six of Crows looks great

Publisher's Weekly - Delicious Foods looks very interesting 

Goodreads' Best of 2015 list (which was voted on by its members) is also divided into many genres. One winner was decided in each category, but all the nominees are worth checking out. Why Not Me and Trigger Warning top my list of 'want to read.' 

NPR's Book Concierge has probably the most books of any list here, and covers all genres. They have My Kitchen Year, which I'm reading now, and many books I want to read, including The Witches, Seveneves, Uprooted, Undermajordomo Minor, and Slade House

Amazon's Editors Picks, which includes H is for Hawk and Purity on my to-read list.

Book Riot's list includes The Library at Mount Char, Nimona, and Archivist Wasp among those I want to read. 

It's clear from all these lists that I have a lot of reading to do! (Though I already knew that.)

Check these lists out and see what appeals to you, and come back soon for a round-up of 2015 favorites from staff here at the Duxbury Free Library.

Happy holidays! Keep reading, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment